Known bug in Jira & Java v11
Webhooks do not work in Jira-server running on Java v11: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70780
Check on the piplanning server side
1 Check it the PI-Server is seeing any POST requests from JIRA at all
Now check if you see a POST request in the nginx container log. Requests from Jira normally have the following structure:
Check if the network allows POST requests form the JIRA server to the piplanning server
2 Check if you can issue e curl POST request from the Jira to the PI-Planningserver server
Check the logs of the nginx container if you see a POST request.
3 Cloud: Check if certificate is valid. Do you have specified the full-chain certificate or only the certificate?
Check on the JIRA side
1 Check if webhook is triggered in Jira
- In Jira: go to Admin --> System --> Logging and Profiling
- Click: Configure logging level for another package
- Add com.atlassian.webhooks.plugin.PublishTaskFactoryImpl and set it to debug
This will only log an entry when the webhook has been triggered, so if you don't see any entries, the webhook is not triggering.
You should see some entry like:
The location of the log depends on your configuration. By default you will find it (Linux) /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.log
4 Check if webhook add-on (and all modules) is activated in JIRA
- Admin->Add-ons->Manage add-ons
- Search for Webhook in System
- Check if all modules in the listed plugins are enabled
5 Send us your JIRA logs (maybe we are able to see some misconfiguration in there)
- Admin->System→Troubleshooting and support tools→Create support.zip